Why should I become a Grip-Birkman Trainer?
Many Grip-Birkman coaches feel called to become Grip-Birkman trainers so that they can equip and empower additional coaches to effectively use the Grip-Birkman (GB) for kingdom purposes. Freeing men and women to actively engage in mission with Jesus in local churches around the world, as they embrace and live out the beauty of who God created them to be, is an amazing opportunity for Grip-Birkman trainers. Trainers truly experience indescribable feelings of power, joy, and fruit as they participate in equipping God’s people for God’s mission. It is one way to recover the Biblical vision for stewarding the church, a step in moving from I to We.
What is the process of becoming a Grip-Birkman Trainer?
There is a two step process to becoming a Grip-Birkman Trainer.
The first step is to take the Level One Birkman Certification Training, available through the Grip-Birkman’s Leadership Team at a cost of $1800. This fee includes:
- Three days of training.
- Training manual.
- Coffee, snacks and lunches.
Travel, lodging, and your evening meals are not included.
As a trainer, you will have access to the Birkman Direct portal. This provides outstanding reporting options for couples, teams, and extended versions of the reports for the individuals as well.
The second step is to organize and co-train a Grip-Birkman Coaches Training event. The trainer being validated will not receive compensation for this training. The trainer being validated can expect:
- Three one-on-one coaching sessions with your co-trainer prior to your first training event.
- Daily debriefing sessions with your co-trainer during your first training event.
- Follow-up coaching sessions with your co-trainer after the training event.
What are the prerequisites to becoming a Grip-Birkman Trainer?
- Completed the Grip-Birkman Coaches training.
- Completed a minimum of coaching 25 individual GBs; this number may include team building events if you have coached participants prior to the workshop.
What must I do to become a Grip-Birkman Trainer?
- Complete the Birkman Level One Certification. This is available through the Grip-Birkman Leadership Team for a discounted price.
- Schedule and recruit participants for a GB Coaches Training that you will co-lead with one of these GB trainers: Gail Davis, Greg Langman, Hal Burke, John Blake, Larry Gay, Susan Gay, Paul Ford, Steve Hoke, Tim Roehl.
- Meet with co-trainer prior to training event to prepare for the shared training roles (this does not need to be face-to-face; it may be on phone, facetime, skype, etc.).
- Train, at a minimum, the Birkman LifeStyle Grid and Areas of Interest, plus Grip Team Styles and Body Building Roles.
- Enter trainee data in the ChurchTeams.com database.
- Meet with your GB co-trainer for a minimum of two follow-up phone calls to assure follow-through and understanding of all key issues.
- Develop a mentoring relationship with an experienced GB trainer, connecting by phone for mutual support and encouragement four to six times a year.
- Recertify every three years. (Approximate cost $1000)
- Maintain your annual lisencing of $149. This amount is paid to ChurchSmart Resources.
- Recommended: read Transformissional Coaching by Tim Roehl and/or participate in another form of baseline coaches training.